Snapchat can’t compete with Facebook, or Instagram, on total audience, they know that. But where Snapchat can be competitive, according to Snap Inc., is on engagement, providing reach to a dedicated, responsive audience which brands can’t get to via other platforms.
That’s the focus of a new report published by App Annie, which looks at Snapchat’s unique audience by comparing Snapchat’s active user base and the time they also spend in other social apps.
As you can see from this chart, a large proportion of Snapchat’s US audience (aged 25-44) is simply not accessible in other apps.
As per App Annie’s data:
- 40% of Snapchatters do not use Facebook on a given day
- 48% of Snapchatters do not use Instagram on a given day
- 63% of Snapchatters do no use Messenger on a given day
- 81% of Snapchatters do not use Twitter on a given day
- 92% of Snapchatters do not use WeChat on a given day
That gives Snapchat some significant points of variation – Snap Inc. have published the expanded findings of App Annie’s report, looking at use in different regions.
Snap Inc. have actually taken their comparison further, targeting Facebook, and Instagram Stories specifically, in terms of comparative reach.